Patients can be treated 3-4 times per week for approximately 2-4 weeks with traditional Physical Therapy along with the Wristrac™ Stretch devise.
- Passive Modalities Include: Ultrasound, Muscle Stimulation, Paraffin, Cyotherapy, and moist heat therapy .
- Active Treatment Includes: Wristrac™ (as per protocol)
as well as Wrist extension exercises.
- Other Treatment Options include: Wrist cock-up splint (used in the evening), Vitamin Therapy and Cortisone injection therapy.
HOME TREATMENT PROTOCOL:
- In Acute trauma ( symptoms of recent onset ), Wristrac™ is to be used at 5 minute intervals, 4 times per day.
- In sub acute and chronic cases ( pain greater than 3-6 months ), Wristrac™ is to be used 2 times per day ( A.M. & P.M. ) at 5- 10 minute intervals.
- For preventative care, Wristrac™ can be utilized 1-3 times per week at 10 minute intervals.
ADJUNCTIVE TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS:
The additional treatments listed below may used in conjunction with Wristrac™.
- Vitamin B6 ( check with your physician )
- Wrist/forearm extension exercised to strengthen the back of the forearm and wrist muscles
- Daily desk stretches and range of motion exercises
- Paraffin- hand hot wax therapy and Ice therapy